~ All weather cancellations will be listed here, in red, by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the event ~
Go Wild! at the Felt
Join us for this year’s exciting holiday season. This year’s theme is GO WILD! at the Felt– in honor of Dorr Felt’s zoo at the estate in the 1920’s. Mr. Felt loved animals and had bear, deer, peacocks, otters, beavers, geese, owls, and many other wild birds.
Details of all of the holiday events are below. Here’s the quick pic bullet points:
- December 9: Winterfest, noon-2:00 p.m.
- December 14: Wine and Dine with Brian VanderArk 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Tickets are still available!
- December 23: Brews with the Bloomquists 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Tickets are still available! (see below)
- Self-guided and guided tours – see dates and prices below – FREE PASSES are good for any guided or self-guided tours, no reservations needed for self-guided or guided tours. NO advanced tickets are necessary.
WINTERFEST!!! We will kick off our GO WILD! holiday season on Saturday, December 9, 2017, noon – 2:00 p.m., with our annual Winterfest – a free family-fun day at the Felt Estate. With face-painting, horse-drawn wagon rides, self-guided tours of the mansion, a bird-of-prey presentation by Outdoor Discovery Center, and a free lunch — this is a wonderful event for the whole family. And, of course, we’ll have a visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus! No admission charge. This year we are partnering with the Outdoor Discovery Center. At the carriage house, a naturalist from ODC will give a talk and demonstration about birds of prey in our area. Kids will love to see and touch the animals! (All other events will be at the mansion).
Thursday evening, December 14, is an intimate concert featuring Brian VanderArk (from Verve Pipe fame) along with our annual Taste and Tour event. We are calling this event “Wine and Dine with Brian.” This is one of our most popular events at the Felt Estate! Join us for this fun wine-tasting evening. Tickets are on sale now. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Guided tour of the mansion with director Patty Meyer begins at 6:00 p.m. $40.00 per person ($35 for members of Friends of the Felt) includes a free wine glass, wine, concert, and light hors d’oeuvres. Concert begins at 7:00. Event ends at 9:00 p.m. Tickets are available and may be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wine-and-dine-with-brian-vanderark-tickets-39047697715 No dress code… but most people wear business casual.
Saturday evening, December 23 will be “Brews with the Bloomquists.” This is a beer-and-cider-tasting event with a folk music concert by Ruth and Max Bloomquist. Tickets are on sale now. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Guided tour of the mansion with director Patty Meyer begins at 6:00 p.m. $30.00 per person ($25 for members of Friends of the Felt) includes beer and cider, concert, and light hors d’oeuvres. Concert begins at 7:00. Event ends at 9:00 p.m. Tickets are available and may be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/brews-with-the-bloomquists-tickets-39048640535 No dress code, but most people wear business casual.
Holiday TOURS: NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED. Throughout December we have both guided and self-guided tours. Free passes are good for both guided and self-guided tours. If tours are cancelled due to inclement weather, you will find the notice on the top of this page http://www.feltmansion.org/go-wild-felt-holiday-season-2017/
- Evening Tours — 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on December 15, 16, 21, 22, 28, 29, and 30 (one tour each evening starting at 6:05 p.m.)
- Daytime — 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. on December 10, 17, and January 1 (one tour per afternoon starting at 2:05 p.m.)
- Cost: $20 per person; $15 for Seniors (62+) and Students; free for Children 12 and Under
- Every Monday Thru Wednesday 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Starting December 11 (you may arrive anytime, but doors close at 4:15 p.m. so we recommend arriving by 3:00 p.m.)
- Cost: $15 per adult; $12 for Seniors (62+) and Students; free for Children 12 and under
Check our online calendar below for more info on day and time.
Note: Free passes are good for regular self-guided and guided tours (not for special events). No reservations are needed for guided or self-guided tours. If your group would like a private tour, email email@example.com
We are closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
Events listed on the calendar below are community events, public tours, and volunteer opportunities – Private mansion rentals are not listed on this calendar. For updated information, always consult the calendar before attending a public tour or event. For information on the availability for rentals, please call or e-mail a rental coordinator at 616.335.3050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.